|Thursday December 31st – Friday January 1st|
|Canlan Ice Sports – Oshawa|
|Men’s C, D, E, and Co-ed|
|$900 including HST|
HOCKEY, THE PERFECT HANGOVER CURE.
Bring in 2020 the right away and then shake off any excess adult beverages with the ASHL New Year’s Ultimate Hockey Tournament.
Running since 2004 this is a hot ticket, so you’re probably going to want to register after reading this.
WE ARE NOW TAKING REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS EVENT UNDER THE CURRENT 4ON4 RULES OF PLAY.
4 Games Guaranteed (2 Thur , 2 Fri)
2- run-time periods + flood in 60 m game slots.
ASHL Rules and Officials
Tournament Staff on-site for all games
Before we dig into the rule changes, let’s bring you up to speed on some of the new procedures to be aware of.
- ▪ Structure: All ASHL games for 4 on 4 tournaments will be played in 1-hour game-slots — including a flood — with games featuring a five (5) minute warm-up, followed by two (2) 20-minute, run-time periods, where the clock will not stop under any instances. There will be a two (2) minute intermission between periods, with no timeouts or clock stoppages during gameplay. If a game is tied after regulation, the game will be recorded as such with no overtime or shootout taking place. Where otherwise applicable from these rule changes, the 2019-20 ASHL Rule Book shall apply.
- ▪ Switching Ends/Line Changes: Teams will not change ends for the second period. Line changes will be permitted either on the fly, or during a re-start after a whistle has been blown.
- ▪ Gloves: Participants will be required to wear gloves on the ice at all times. In the event of a lost glove, that player will be required to retrieve their glove immediately from the ice.
- ▪ Water Bottles: Participants will be required to have an individual water bottle while at the arena, keeping it on a designated spot on the bench.
- ▪ Handshakes: Until further notice, handshakes and first-bumps shall not occur before, during, or after the game.
- ▪ Spitting: Given our current circumstances, spitting will be prohibited at any time while in the facility. Violators will be issued one (1) warning before being asked to leave the facility, should a second offense occur. So yeah, don’t spit!
- ▪ Pulling Goaltender: Pulling your goaltender for an extra attacker will not be permitted.
- ▪ End of Game: If a team is losing or tied at the end of game and is awarded one (1) or two (2) penalty shot attempts, even if the clock reads 0:00, the team will be permitted to take the attempts if the sum of the attempts allows for the team to either tie or win the game. (e.g. A team is losing 3-1 and is awarded two penalty shot attempts. They would be awarded the two attempts, and assuming they score on the first goal, they would subsequently be able to take the second attempt to try and even the score at 3-3.)
LET’S GET YOU REGISTERED
If you’ve used Player’s Bench before, great. Click here and get started.
If not, no worries. Read below for some quick instructions to get your squad registered.
- Head over to Player’s Bench and Create an Account
- After entering in your Contact Details, click Team Rep
- Next, choose ASHL – Adult Tournaments from the facility drop-down. Then, select New Year’s Ultimate from the Season drop-down. Finally, choose your Division and enter your Team Name.
- The next step involves signing the Online Waiver and making an Online Payment
- Upon completion of your team registration we’ll be in touch to confirm your registration and next steps.
CANLAN ICE SPORTS – OSHAWA
TOURNAMENT VENUE | 1401 Phillip Murray Ave. | Oshawa, ON | L1J 8C4
Canlan Ice Sports – Oshawa is one of the most picturesque facilities in the Greater Toronto Area as its unique location along the shores of Lake Ontario provides unobstructed waterfront views. The twin-pad rink plays host to Durham Region’s largest adult hockey league, the ASHL, while its on-site Wild Wing restaurant and pro shop ensure players have all the amenities they require.